Complete renovation of a Chapel that opened its doors in 1939. The main goal of the project was to restore the interior to its original grandeur while allowing the Chapel to serve the needs of a modern University.
The project featured Italian-marble floors, a dramatic lighting system, detailed plasterwork and ornamental iron, all of which worked in sync with the original Art Deco style of the building. The project included a restoration of the frescoes and ‘stations of the cross’, and a new baptismal font and tabernacle areas. New exterior doors, railings, a lectern and altar were also installed.
Loyola University Chicago
Marvin Herman Associates