This clubhouse was designed in 1910 by the famous Chicago Architect, Howard Van Doren Shaw. In the 1960s, the three large bay windows (approximately 20’ tall by 20’ wide) in the main living room were removed and replaced with aluminum frame windows.
A few years ago, we were contracted to carefully remove the aluminum frames, and replace them with custom-built mahogany windows that emulate the original design. A delicate project give its historical significance.
Lake Shore Country Club
Thomas Shafer Architects, LLC